FL-AHEAD Spring Meeting 2020
Hosted by St. Petersburg College
April 1st – 2nd
More information on the Moving the Needle/Narrowing the Gulf Conference will be available as it gets closer to the conference date.
The mission of FL-AHEAD is to enhance professional knowledge and educational initiatives that affect the full participation of individuals with disabilities in post-secondary education and specifically:
- Promote timely statewide communication among disability services professionals through Florida listserve
- Sponsor professional development opportunities for individuals in the field.
- Publish and disseminate statewide resources including best practices, research, current and emerging technology, and other advancements in the field.
- Expand current and develop new educational post-secondary resources and opportunities for students with disabilities.
- Provide information and strategies that encourage the use of universal design principles throughout the higher education community.
- Recognize members of the Affiliate who have contributed to the profession.
- Recognize students, programs, or research within the state that impacts higher education and disability